Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Reflection on Project 2


In this post I will reflect on my revision process.


  • What was revised from one draft to the other? What global and local changes did you make?
I focused specifically on making my intro and conclusion more interesting, and making sure that I was making an interesting argument. It's easy to write a 5 paragraph essay with a thesis and some bullshit in the paragraphs, but it's harder to say something that's actually thought provoking. If I'm going to take the time to write something, I want to engage my readers in the reading and myself in the writing process.

On a local level I focused on eliminating wordiness. I often find that the individual sentences in my first draft are wordier than they need to be. In this kind of essay, I want to get my point across as clearly and concisely as possible. This is especially important when considering the audience for this piece: it's an example for younger students. I want to exemplify clear writing.

  • How does the process of reflection help me reconsider my identity as a writer?
Despite being incredibly stressed out right now, I'm actually enjoying the process of reflection. I like writing, and I think that reflection is important to identify my strengths and weaknesses for consideration in future projects.Writing right now makes me feel like it's something that I want to do more often. It's a skill that can be applied to any discipline.

Webb, Michaela "Death Valley" 2014


Reflection: I read Steph and Zayla's blog posts. Steph and I both focused on making our writing more clear. She worked on this on a structural level, while I found that on a sentence level my writing was not always as concise as it could've been. I went through and took out unnecessary words.

No comments:

Post a Comment