Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft

I read and commented on Chad and Austin's essays.

I will answer the bulleted list of questions on page 197 of "A Student's Guide"


  • Yes, I do have an identifiable thesis. I think that I do a pretty good job of being specific about the rhetorical strategies used. I don't use the words "ethos, logos, pathos" in my essay. I think that my thesis could be cleaned up a little bit. I'm still a little confused about how to go about creating both a rhetorical analysis and an exploration of how rhetoric is used in my field. It feels like there are two distinct parts of my essay right now, and I think it would be more effective if both aspects were more integrated into each other.
  • I think that I could explore some more interesting ways of organizing my body paragraphs. As it is now, I'm kind of falling into the trap of just going down the list of rhetorical strategies that the author uses and writing a paragraph about each. 
  • I need to add a paragraph that analyzes the context a little bit more. I focus too much on the rhetorical strategies.
  • Yes, I did a good job of this
  • I think that I could cut down the long quote that I included. It takes up a big block of text, and is visually overwhelming. I need to find a couple other key quotes to illustrate my points.
  • I do answer the so what question. I think that my new conclusion is much more interesting and big-picture than my old conclusion
Webb, Michaela "close up of the road" 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment