Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cluster of My Controversy

I made a mindmap of all the major players in the Oak Flat Controversy. In each box coming from the central box I identified an important group involved, their stance on the issue, and the ways that they are voicing their opinions. In the secondary boxes I have identified some key speakers for the groups and other motivations that could be involved.
Webb, Michaela: "Oak Flat Mindmap" created 10, September, 2015


Reflection: I read Grace's  and Austin's posts on their clusters. I think that they both used websites with visual styles that complimented their individual controversies. Austin's is about germ-cell engineering, and the visual style of his map is very simple and professional - it evokes the feeling of engineering and serious science topics. I realized that the visual composition of mine is a little off balance, but I think I want it that way because it's organized based on who is on what side of the argument. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michaela! So I looked through your Mindmap and it looks very in depth and will be helpful when you begin the full writing process. I think it's important to acknowledge all the groups, like it seems like you did, rather than just select a few. One question I have is why are the groups so heavily concentrated on the left side and there's only one on the right side? Is it an organizational tactic on your part or is it for some reason within the groupings of the controversy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really smart of you to put all those specific names into your cluster, that will be of great help to you! It was really easy to read but could be a little more balanced, but it was nothing too serious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete